Sunday, March 7, 2010

Waxology Continued

So after that wonderful night full of wax, I'm still feeling the repercussions to this day. As Janna and I scraped the wax off the stove from my shattered candle, we put the wax in a cup to save it because it was my favorite scented candle and I didn't want to lose it.

Well a few days ago I decided to melt it down (using a candle warmer, not the stove) so that I could put it into a glass jar. Everything was going great, but the way the cup was shaped it couldn't heat the wax at the top and so it never melted all the way. I thought I would help it out by pushing the unmelted wax nearer to the bottom. Well, I accidentally pushed a hole through it and as I was pushing it down, the liquid wax decided to squirt out of the hole and get all over my counter. Great!

I left for school after that and hoped by the time I got back it would be done melting so I could transfer it; however, that plan backfired when I got home and the top had cooled again and the bottom was melted. GRRRRR!!!!!!!! I was so mad. So I left the candle on praying it would eventually melt but by 1 a.m. it was still unmelted and I was fed up with it. So right after I got out the shower (and I mean right after. I still had my towel on), I decided I was going to transfer the wax melted or not. I went to the kitchen (still in my towel) and got out a jar of Prego that I had almost finished. I decided to put the last of the sauce into a plastic container so I could use the jar for my wax. As I was transferring the sauce over, it got stuck at the bottom just like Ketchup always seems to do. I was smacking the bottom and shaking it and nothing would come out. Finally, I gave it one good shake and it exploded. Somehow it missed the entire bowl and the counter, and managed to land all over me, the floor and my towel. It was so gross. So I had to clean all that up, and me up, and finish putting the sauce into the container.


After I rinsed out the jar, I took it back to my room to put the wax in it (again, still with my tomato sauce towel around me). I again poked a hole in the top of the wax so that I could pore the liquid stuff out. At first, while I was poring it was working beautifully, and then it was not. The hole somehow got bigger and somehow popped and wax went everywhere. All over me, the counter, my towel, and the floor but not in the jar. So now I have a towel covered in tomato sauce with wax on top of it sealing it in, a floor covered in wax (I cleaned it up as much as I could without getting down and dirty with it) and a counter covered with little spots of wax.


Maybe that night of mayhem wasn't worth it? I'm starting to think that now.


And for your entertainment...a picture of my towel.

2 comments:

  1. oh geez. it seems you have taken the apartment title of does things naked. i'm glad someone could keep the tradition alive ;) love you!! GET TO SEE YOU TODAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo...don't bring that towel home...ever!
    Love ya like a daugther,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete