Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Ulitimate Single Awarness Day

So yesterday I went with my parents, the Crandalls, the Fazios, and Grandma to Alex's and Emma's dinner and a show performance at BYU. Well my dad told me that it was supposed to be singles dance but couples could come if they wanted to. It made me happy that I wouldn't be the only perpetually single person there and was excited for a potential dance with some random single gorgeous (gorgeous being optional) guy. However, I was there for a shock when it was instead I happy couple Valentine's dinner dance instead and singles being the ones who could come if they wanted to.

So there I sat with my parents watching a ton of too-happy couples dancing around to 40's and 50's jazz music and being all in love. Yay for being single and double yay for having it be so evident with a few hundred people all basking in the warm glow of their budding love.

Am I bitter? Yes. Do I want to throw rocks at happy couples? Double yes. Do I hate Valentine's day? With a passion.

But on the other hand, Alex's and Emma's performances were awesome and it was fun getting good food and listening to awesome music.

2 comments:

  1. ooooooooooh brutal katie! i'm so glad you started a blog, I will get to keep up on what's going on better! You are not perpetually single, you are single right now at this moment?? LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I hear ya on that one Katie! I am not too fond of Single's Awareness Day myself...

    ReplyDelete