Saturday, February 27, 2010

Beautiful Men in the Olympics

Okay, okay...I know I'm shallow when it comes to a gorgeous man but I just can't help myself. So needless to say, I have had a joyous time watching the Olympics and all the beautiful men that seem to populate it. Janna and I have watched every single night of the Olympics just to drool and swoon over same definite drool worthy men. Our most favorite man to pant over just happens to be the gold medalist in figure skating who I like to call Excellent Evan (we're big on the alliteration in my apartment). Drum roll please...Here is Evan Lysacek for your entertainment.


Mmmm...need I say more :)

Well after our twitterpation of watching Excellent Evan beat out the rather sore loser Plushenko, our attention turned quickly to alpine skiing and the Brilliant Bode (aka Bode Miller). In a swarthy, I-can-probably-kick-James-Bond's-butt awesomeness Olympic entrance, Janna and I once again fell in love with a older, married man (it seems to be our curse in life to love men who shall never love us back...j/k...kinda). Brilliant Bode has brought much joy into my life over past two weeks and I shall miss him in the 2014 Olympics. And now to make your eyes happy...Brilliant Bode.



Can you tell I like my men without shirts on?

So I don't think Shaun White is all that attractive (okay, that's a lie...I find him mildly attractive in a daredevil, I'm-hot-cause-I-take-risks-and-win-gold-medals kind of way) but I have to admit that his hair is awesome! I think most girls would die to have the volume his hair naturally seems to have. Is it weird that I want to brush it? cause I do. Or maybe I want to french braid it...I just don't know which one I want to do more. Dear Flying Tomato, I love your hair so much that I'm writing a blog about it and posting a picture of you so I can admire the amazingness that has sprouted from you head. Love, Katie.

Don't you just want to run your figures through it?


This one is in tribute to Janna, but I have to agree with her choice in men. She already loves dark men but she really loved this one. I'm not sure if he would be called African German or just black (hopefully I'm being politically correct...sorry if I'm not). But he is quite attractive and in my mind he is called Rawwring Robin. I need to give him a masculine nick name because he dressed up as a clown in figure skating and that is just not okay. Here is Robin Szolkowy.

Oh, Deutschland, ich liebe dich! (PS ignore the girl)


Oh Canda! You have a beautiful ice skater who I love watching. Why is it that the figure skaters are either beautiful or really unattractive? But I will only show the beautiful ones. This Scandalous Scott (Scott Moir) just happens to be on the top tier of attractivness.

No clown costume=double attractivness








I'm putting my favorite Olypmic athlete in here even though he happens to be a summer Olympian. I figure it is okay to add him in to the Winter Olympics because NBC did a spotlight on him during the Olympics and therefore was brought into the mix. Miraculous Michael=half naked and wet=happy thoughts and thank goodness I am a swimmer. Many may say he does not belong in the list of beautiful men but my argument is that his butterfly is the most b-e-a-utiful thing I have ever seen. Being a butterflier myself, I can only love him more and more every time I watch him perform. And any man who can move his hips like that while breaking world records and winning gold medals deserves a place in this post. So all those Michael Phelps fans out there here is Miraculous Michael!








I couldn't decided which picture I liked most so you get double the pleasure.

So now I'm on to the man who deserves the gold medal for being very secure in his maleness. I do find him somewhat attractive (when he's not dressing like a girl) but I know that road only leads to sequins and prancing around Blockbuster (reference to mom's boss who danced around the store because she wasn't able to make it to Tricia's dance recital and wanted to cheer her up by dancing for her). He would be Will to my Grace. I'm fairly positive that he could definitely help me with my wardrobe if not make my clothes for me. Now put your hands together for the Ice Princess himself Juicy Johnny!

Any man who can rock high heels in a golden egg deserves our admiration. Stay good, Johnny Weir
(Photo courtesy of Janna who emailed me this classic pose)

I shall miss the Olympics and the wonderful men that inhabit it, but at least I have something to look forward to in two years when the summer Olympics hit England. That's a pleasant thought...beautiful men with british accents. I think I shall dream on that tonight :)

3 comments:

  1. oooooooooooh my! this post is hilarious kathy, who are you?? oh michael phelps can swim the butterfly. b-e-a-utiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh. What did I RAISE? You are, without a doubt, the queen of alliteration. However, remember, after about 35, or maybe 40, its mostly about from the neck up as opposed to from the neck down. Am I bursting your amazing alliterative bodacious bubble? --Love, Your Mother

    ReplyDelete
  3. KATIE, YOU ARE HILARIOUS! I liked hearing about these at work, but seeing the posts has canonized your awesomeness with your goofy creative abilities even more...I especially love the edition of Juicy Johnny! Your Olympic craze is something else, though...I do commend you for putting up an athlete I did keep track of (Miraculous Michael...*Heart pounding*)

    ReplyDelete