Friday, June 11, 2010

Update

Well it's been both an eventful and uneventful month. There have been ups and downs. Happiness and great sadness. It's been a time for prayers and a time for answered prayers. In other words, just another month in the life of Katie.

I finally got a job and Home Depot and I'm enjoying it. I get to tell people how to garden and what flowers are awesome. I try to avoid the lawn mowers, weed wackers, grills, and chain saws, and I have to say, I'm the better for it. The guys in the department can handle the manly stuff while I handle the vegetables and pink flowers, and it works perfectly. They come to me when needing to know about plants and I go to them for everything else. Plants make me happy and I can honestly say that I've made other people happy because of what I know. Thanks mom for teaching me everything you know about gardening...it's saving my butt.

My friend, Josh, gets home in a couple of weeks from his mission. I'm excited to see him again. Actually, his homecoming is exactly one month from today. Hopefully I can get off work to go to St. George and see him.

M*A*S*H, how do I love thee, let me count the ways. I have watched 8 out of 11 seasons (in the past couple of weeks) and I'm still as entertained as I was when I first started watching it 6 years ago. I love the wit and word play in it

Janna's little sister just passed away this week from renal cell carcinoma. She was diagnosed with it almost a year ago and it had already spread to her stomach and lungs by the time the found it. They only gave her a few to live but she held on for a year. I only met her once, but knowing what she faced at the age of 12, I know she was strong. The funeral was today and I'm sad that I was unable to go to it. However, Whitney and her parents were able to make it to Oregon. I'm glad Janna had some friends there to support her.

Well that was a brief update on my life over the past few weeks. Good night world. Hopefully tomorrow the sun will shine a little brighter on the grey in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment